A PEP is an individual who has held office in one of the following institutions within the last year.
- Head of state, head of government, minister or assistance minister.
- Member of Parliament.
- Ambassadors, chargés d’affairs and high ranking officers in the armed forces.
- Members of high level judicial bodies whose decisions are typically final, notwithstanding exceptional circumstances.
- Members of courts or auditors, Committee members in Central Banks.
- Administrators or supervisors operating within state-owned enterprises.
- PEPs also extend to the individual's immediate family and close assosciates.
To find out more about PEPs click here